Use of Wireless bridge with Allworx Site-to-Site

General installation and configuration help.
ryano

Use of Wireless bridge with Allworx Site-to-Site

Post by ryano »

Hi,

I'm curious if any of you have multiple sites for your Allworx (ie. primary and branch site)....and are connecting the two sites via a wireless bridge.

Currently we use to high speed internet connections dedicated to each Allworx site so they can do site-to-site communication. For the most part this is working fairly well, but the internet provider also has it's occasional drops and issues.

We also have a wireless bridge connecting the two buildings (across 6 lane highway from each other) for the computers. Unfortunately there is some radio interference with channel overlap, so there are occasional drops in service...and I have concerns about sharing this wireless bridge connection with computers and phones as the speed tops out between 10-20Mbps.

The interest is in getting rid of the two internet connections for cost savings and improved security.

I am considering upgrading the wireless bridge with a backhaul carrier class solution. 10Ghz to reduce interference of 2.4ghz devices and increase overall throughput from 10Mbps to 150Mbps. I'm thinking about the Ubiquiti PBM10 which also has traffic shaping capability.

I'm wondering if others have dealt with voice over wireless and have any other recommendations regarding my use-case.

Thanks!
Ryan