If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Cell Phone Follow Me and Passing Caller ID

General installation and configuration help.
boutym

Cell Phone Follow Me and Passing Caller ID

Post by boutym »

I'm trying to figure out a way to ring my cell at the same time a call comes to my extension, or for a call to automatically transfer to my cell when my presence is Out of Office. Along with this I would like the caller ID on the cell to show the calling party, not the office number.

I currently have a Follow Me connection attempt setup that dials my cell. This works to some extent, but the problem is that I have to set the rings to 7 or 8 to give the system enough time to dial my cell. Even this is fine except that if I don't answer the phone in the office the caller usually ends up hanging up instead of waiting for the resulting long series of rings. With the rings set to 7 there's only enough time for my cell to ring 2-3 times before the call goes to voicemail, which frequently doesn't give me time to answer my cell, which is made worse by the stupid "Press 1 to accept the call" thing I have to go through on my cell. Worse is that the caller ID on the cell shows the office number, not the person that is actually calling me.

There has to be a better way to do this.