If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Directory not listed with auto attendant

General installation and configuration help.
dcReg

Directory not listed with auto attendant

Post by dcReg »

I have a small office and am configuring the Allworx 6x with six users. The issue I am having is that I cannot get a listing of users and extensions? For instance from any phone I dial 400 for the auto attendant and then choose option #1 to search the directory by name, I get no matches found no matter what name I enter on the keypad. If I choose option #2 to list all names and extensions, then no names are listed there is only a blank pause and then the option to listen to these choices again? Is there a setting or something I am missing on the user setup to indicate that a user should be listed within the directory? I can dial the extensions directly but I need the directory option available. Any assistance would be appreciated.
ibgadmin

Re: Directory not listed with auto attendant

Post by ibgadmin »

I believe that you have to record your voicemail "name" within your message center preferences. Also, check the Business --> Users settings. Ensure that they are checked for the appropriate auto attendant in the user settings.
dcReg

Post by dcReg »

I figured it was overlooking something simple. Recording the voicemail name within the message center fixed the problem, Thanks for your help.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

wshrader wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 am Under Users, the red dot after their name indicates they have not recorded their name. Without a recorded name, there is nothing to play when you choose #1 for dial by name.
Considering the OP was from May 2014, there was no red dot under users. That is a much newer feature that would not have existing back then.