If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

LAN Registration Error

General installation and configuration help.
eddieb

LAN Registration Error

Post by eddieb »

It seems that all the posts here are for remote phones getting "registration error" displayed on the phones.

Mine is a bit different.

Everything was working great up until last week when suddenly all the phones on my LAN started to display "Registration Error" in the morning.
Rebooting the phones will cause them to work all day long, up until the next morning when suddenly this gets displayed on the service event log

7 05/08/2014 07:43:57am tVma: Internal Event Code [%W @(#)callLeg.c-17 W%,3016]
7 05/08/2014 07:43:57am tVma: Internal Event Code [%W @(#)call.c-2 W%,1011]
7 05/08/2014 07:43:57am tVma: CCB: CCB_CANCEL: legID=54337-54340

Anyone have a clue as to why all the LAN phones would say "Registration Error" morning after morning?
I have an Allworx 6x version 7.1.11 --> Now before you say "that's why", note that it was working flawlessly for years.

I was told it was network related, but nothing is happening that early in the morning so it's hard for me to find out what in the network is causing it. I did update firmware on network firewall, but I've done that many times before and it never effected anything. For safe measure, I even rolled back to the previous version since I thought that's why it happened.

Thank you!!!

Eddie
ryano

Re: LAN Registration Error

Post by ryano »

It's hard to know if that service log event is actually related to the problem you describe, as it's not a very detailed event.
Does that message always show up around that time in the morning, or is it more random?

Do you use a flat layer 2 network, where all the switches are in the same subnet?
If so, and you're not using any VLAN's, you could run a wireshark network capture from any computer on the network and capture all the traffic on the network around the time of that message. Then you could look at the wireshark capture at the exact time of the message and see if there's anything going on, like some kind of broadcast storm.

You could also look at the logs of your switches and firewall and see what's happening at the time of the message.
eddieb

Post by eddieb »

Ya it's a random event, but seems to happen before the phones freeze up

Yes use a flat layer 2 network, so I could definitely do that. I scheduled a wireshark session to run for an hour in the morning when it tends to happen.

Someone else suggested to me that it could be a broadcast storm, so I'll try this out tomorrow morning and see what happens.

While looking around at the switches, I noticed that one of them is giving a preliminary failure notice, so I have a replacement on the way. Maybe the failing switch is causing some issues

Thanks for the tips!
mwb1266

Post by mwb1266 »

Did this ever get resolved? I'm interested because the same thing happened to our phones last week and I haven't been able to resolve the issue.
fmotors

Post by fmotors »

We also started having this issue last week and the local authorized techs can't solve it (they do bill us though). Any fix that has been found?
jdeaneads

Post by jdeaneads »

We're on the latest version of Allworx 7.7 and have a 6X server. This is a random issue but seems to happen to a few phones daily. Phones up and get registration fail for now apparent reason.

I have adjusted all phones to manual network settings, but so far nothing seems to work. I'm having the switches reviewed to see if that is where issue lies. (that was the last update from poster of this forum of something to try, and we've not heard anything about resolution)

Its odd that multiple peeps here have mentioned this issue for them as well, so I'm unsure what the issue is exactly... quite frustrating.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Did this get resolved? Having same issues!
bnewt

Post by bnewt »

another one with registration error
thedude

Post by thedude »

Make sure there is only 1 dhcp server. Like Highlander, "There can be only 1".

It is usually the allworx. If you are using a router for DHCP or worst "Windows Server", then DHCP must
be turned off in the allworx.