Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

General installation and configuration help.
SunLink

Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by SunLink »

Hi, I have a 24x running 7.1.7.5. I am trying to configure an auto attendant so it reads a message, if the caller presses 1 it goes to an extension and if not then it automatically goes to a default extension. This is all easy to set up, however the pause it waits after the message is an awkward 8 seconds long. Is there any way to set this to only 2-3 seconds? Or is there just a different way I can do the same thing?
Nick
SunLink

Re: Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by SunLink »

Don't you love it when you run into a problem, start googling around and find a post that is the exact problem you are having! Only to find it was from the last time you had the same problem... And no one answered that time either... :roll:

Anyway, I am still having this issue half a year later. Does anyone have any advice?
Nick
Swabodda

Re: Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by Swabodda »

Not sure if you fixed this issue already, but in my system (48x) I navigate to Phone System > Auto Attendants > Modify (The autoattendant you're using) and I have a drop-down for "After X seconds with no input:" that I can change. 8 seconds is the default in my system but can be changed to anything from 1 to 15 seconds.