If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

General installation and configuration help.
SunLink

Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by SunLink »

Hi, I have a 24x running 7.1.7.5. I am trying to configure an auto attendant so it reads a message, if the caller presses 1 it goes to an extension and if not then it automatically goes to a default extension. This is all easy to set up, however the pause it waits after the message is an awkward 8 seconds long. Is there any way to set this to only 2-3 seconds? Or is there just a different way I can do the same thing?
Nick
SunLink

Re: Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by SunLink »

Don't you love it when you run into a problem, start googling around and find a post that is the exact problem you are having! Only to find it was from the last time you had the same problem... And no one answered that time either... :roll:

Anyway, I am still having this issue half a year later. Does anyone have any advice?
Nick
Swabodda

Re: Auto Attendant Default Extension Timeout

Post by Swabodda »

Not sure if you fixed this issue already, but in my system (48x) I navigate to Phone System > Auto Attendants > Modify (The autoattendant you're using) and I have a drop-down for "After X seconds with no input:" that I can change. 8 seconds is the default in my system but can be changed to anything from 1 to 15 seconds.