If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Paging across WAN

General installation and configuration help.
arthurhawkins

Paging across WAN

Post by arthurhawkins »

Does anybody have this set up successfully? Did I need to add routes for the broadcast ip range on the routers?
arthurhawkins

Re: Paging across WAN

Post by arthurhawkins »

Well.... looks like a multicast issue. Not sure why Allworx decided to use a separate delivery method for the paging system. Guess I need to dust off the old CCNA books and change some router configs to allow that traffic to my branch locations :oops:
Fattires

Post by Fattires »

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so if I'm in the wrong thread, can someone point me in right direction? My partner and I are trying to setup a ALGO 8180 SIP paging device and for the life of us can' get it to work. I've created a generic sip handset and in the handsets list, it says pending registration, how do I register it? It has a IP address that I can ping, but I can't page through it from a handset. Does anyone know how these things are installed on a 48x?
doom1701

Post by doom1701 »

Generic handsets in an Allworx have three pieces of information you'll need for the Algo: User ID (which goes into the Algo's "Extension" field, including the * at the front), Login ID (goes into the Algo Authentication ID field) and the password. As long as you've got those three pieces of information in the Algo's setup, and you've got the proper SIP server address, it should register.

We put one into a warehouse about a month ago, and it's definitely our go-to solution for paging from here on out. Much easier than the Linksys to Valcom solution I've documented here in the past.
unifiedusa

Post by unifiedusa »

For remote site paging, we just install a spare handset in the closet where you paging system is, and just connect the paging to the speaker of the phone. Then just intercom to that extension. Works like a champ, and only $129.00...