If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

On-Phone Voicemail Notifications are not Displayed

General installation and configuration help.
MrPsiko

On-Phone Voicemail Notifications are not Displayed

Post by MrPsiko »

Where do I begin?

I work in a somewhat small office with one Allworx 6x phone server and 20 Allworx 9212 VoIP phones spread throughout. We are using an EdgeMarc 4500 as our SIP session border gateway out to bandwidth.com The 6x is running SW verion 7.0.3.1 and I know it's old; the phone system will be replaced in the near future and we're just trying to hang on until that time comes.

All user profiles are set to receive e-mail notifications of voicemail messages through the Message Aliases configuration menu; entries include the phone system user name (ex. "david") and an e-mail account hosted on a different domain on our in-house Exchange server (ex. ABC@company.com).

Over the past few months, we've noticed that phones will stop displaying notifications for voicemails or missed calls. Users receive an e-mail from Postmaster@allworx.inscitek.com stating delivery failure to both the specified Exchange account and to the Allworx user name (david@allworx.inscitek.com). Oddly enough, users do receive the "delivery failed" message to the exact same external domain account the message claims can't be reached; these messages contain attached .WAV files of the "lost" voicemails in question.

This problem of missing voicemail prompts may very likely be tied to a whole bevy of errors and other problems we've been experiencing: frequent Registration Errors, random inabilities to place and/or receive calls (sometimes both at once, sometimes not), and entries in the system logs pointing to TFTP, DNS and memory errors. I can post these if that would be helpful, but one thing at a time.

I've probably provided too little of some information and too much of another, so let me know if you need me to better explain things or provide additional information. Everything I know about Allworx systems has been self-taught, so any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!