If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Router recommendations?

General installation and configuration help.
advantagevoice

Router recommendations?

Post by advantagevoice »

We have a bunch of systems that are directly connected to the Internet in NAT/Firewall mode and are looking to start putting them behind NAT routers for better security. We had bad experience putting Allworxes behind NAT in the past. I suspect the technology has matured since then and they are better able to handle SIP traffic. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for routers/firewalls that are reliable and cost-effective.
ryano

Re: Router recommendations?

Post by ryano »

I got the same problem. We have a Juniper SSG 25. I could put my Allworx 6x behind it to make outgoing calls but incoming won't work. I heard disabling SIP ALG might help, not sure if you tried that.

I would also be interested if anyone here has recommendations on routers/firewalls that play well w/Allworx.
ATGroup

Post by ATGroup »

Zyxel USG series I have had great success with
ryano

Post by ryano »

Thanks @ATGroup.

Anyone else have success with routers?

In particular I'm wondering if anyone has had success with Sonicwalls. If so what settings do you have to configure to allow the Allworx to work smoothly?