If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Flowroute

General installation and configuration help.
vtjballeng

Flowroute

Post by vtjballeng »

Anyone using Flowroute with Allworx? For my number of trunk lines, call volume, etc it should drop our bandwidth bill by $100/month or thereabouts from what I can see and I've heard nothing but good things so far. I'm leary of the setup time and switching as our system has been working for years but $1200 / year saved sounds good. I'm also hoping for some system improvements as Allworx + Bandwidth prevent me from doing true redundancy / failover as far as I have been able to work out.
vtjballeng

Re: Flowroute

Post by vtjballeng »

For anyone who cares, we moved to flowroute for dramatically better call handling, failover handling, & lower cost. We are now flexibible on the # of trunks (flowroute automatically scales up or down).

We removed the Public IP setting in the Allworx and our SRV record is functional with flowroute. While we still aren't able to sustain calls during a failover or failback event, we are now able to make and receive calls on our primary or secondary WAN connections based on which is active at the time.
Allworx6xCT

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Nice, glad to hear its' working out.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

How is the PBX setup to get calls/network config? It is in LAN Host mode, or even if not, is its default gateway on the LAN side, pointing to your firewall?

If the above is true, then the phones will try to directly talk to Flowroute and that may be the cause of the issue. We see that even when we deploy Allworx if there is a route to the SBC on the LAN, so we often have to VLAN it out further or move it to the WAN to fix call transfer issues (though from how our SBC's are setup, it usually only affects transferred calls between locations). So if that is the case for you, then I would recommend using the PBX WAN port and create a new subnet and connect that to your firewall and set the PBX default gateway to go out that new subnet (or build a static route in the PBX to use its WAN for just Flowroute) and then try again. That would then force all phone audio to go through the Allworx to get back to Flowroute and will probably correct the issue.
chferox wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:21 pm Hi all - I know this is an old thread but we just today switched to Flowroute and the basics are working fine. What isn't working is when outside inbound calls get transferred; we get a connection with no audio. Flowroute says it has something to do with "direct media" or "direct audio" and may be a firewall config issue or an Allworx config issue. I am betting Allworx, because I followed a configuration guide Flowroute posted specifically for our model of firewall (Sonicwall). We're on Allworx software version 8.2 and I'm hoping someone who is already using Flowroute has some suggestions about what config options I need to look at. Thanks in advance!

p.s. called placed on hold get disconnected - I'm thinking perhaps for the same reason, though.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

You're welcome. If you want to keep it behind your firewall, you can, however I normally recommend to just give their WAN a public IP and not place it behind any firewall because NAT's/Firewalls tend to cause more issues than what it's worth. We have many issues when it's done that way at our company and its always a pain to get the firewall guys to get it right.

So if you want to place it behind, I would recommend that you assign a new private /30 to the Allworx WAN and to another interface on the Firewall, and then use that for the Allworx for internet/SIP access. I imagine that would take care of the issue too. If it does not, then that would indicate something on the firewall end causing issues, as SIP is very tempermental when it comes to NAT's, firewalls, etc. We deal with this all the time when customers take their phones home and have issues with them, or Reach, etc.
chferox wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:47 pm Moving it from behind the firewall and setting the mode back to internal NAT and Firewall solved all of my issues. Thanks!