If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

DHCP Option 66 and 67 for Allworx 6x and 9212’s

General installation and configuration help.
SunLink

DHCP Option 66 and 67 for Allworx 6x and 9212’s

Post by SunLink »

I have a Allworx 6x running 6.9.7.1 and am experiencing some DHCP and DNS issues. I would like to move DHCP over to a windows server which I have a whole lot more experience with. Reading about this, it looks like I have to set Option 66 to the 6x’s TFTP server. Some other people say they also set option 67 but leave it blank.
What I don’t understand is do I set Option 66 to the IP of the 6x or include some kind of port/path config string. For example on some pbx’s it could be in the format http://192.168.1.1:5000/provisioning/%%ProvSubDir%%/
What format should it be to replace the default 6x config? Also how would I verify that string the Allworx to make sure the previous admin hadn’t changed it or added other options? I tried using netsh dhcp to look at its settings but that didn’t work. NMAP doesn’t show any ports open besides 21,80,110,143,8080 and 8081.
I know I could just try it, but I don’t want to risk getting it wrong.
Nick
SunLink

Re: DHCP Option 66 and 67 for Allworx 6x and 9212’s

Post by SunLink »

For what it is worth I set Option 66 to just the IP of the Allworx 6x and didn't enable option 67 and it seems to work. DHCP gives out IPs to the phones and in and outbound calls work. I have yet to bring in a new phone and see if it configures automatically.
Nick