If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Aastra/Mitel Setup

General installation and configuration help.
rickbharper

Aastra/Mitel Setup

Post by rickbharper »

My company recently bought out another company and I have several Aastra phones that I want to add as generic SIP handsets to my current Allworx system (6x running 7.7.6.4)

I have created the handset in the Allworx page, but I cannot get the phone to register. Does anyone have any experience getting these handsets to work?

I have included screen shots of both my Allworx config page and the Handset config.

Code: Select all

http://forms.rmm-i.com/pics/allworx.png
http://forms.rmm-i.com/pics/aastra.png
Allworx6xCT

Re: Aastra/Mitel Setup

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Rick- When was the last time you updated your Allworx?
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
rickbharper

Post by rickbharper »

I'm pretty good about keeping the box updated. It's currently running 7.7.6.4 which was released 2014-09-21.

The update tool is showing that it's the most current version available.
rickbharper

Post by rickbharper »

SOLVED: The default aastra.cfg file that I downloaded had the sip registration period set too low (I think it was something like 30 seconds). As soon as I increased this value the phone paired with no issues.
Allworx6xCT

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Thanks for posting the followup solution!

ON a side note, the release versions for the 6x is so inconsistent- it all depends on who you talk to. I wish Allworx would just post an official release date / change log for each version. In the last week, I've been told there are no less than 3 different versions, all reputed to be the latest stable version: Mr. James Ballenger says his 6x reports that on 09/04/14 version 7.5.19.1 was released. I called Allworx Tech support on 10/13/2014 and they said latest stable release is 7.7.6. My dealer went to their allworx portal last week and said it was 7.7.5.5. And finally, Rick, you say you've got 7.7.6.4 released on 9/21/2014. Say whaaa? It would nice to eliminate the unnecessary confusion.

~ Chris
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536