If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

offsite extension Ok except for no audio on outside calls

General installation and configuration help.
Mark9700

offsite extension Ok except for no audio on outside calls

Post by Mark9700 »

I have a problem with my offsite Allworx 9212L extensions. They work fine for calls to other extensions or to calls to voice mail but no audio for incoming or outgoing calls on the SIP trunks. But if you park the incoming or outgoing call on say 701 and then pick them back up the audio in both directions is fine. Using onsite phones the SIP trunks work fine.

The offsite router is running openWRT with port forwards TCP and UDP on 5060, TCP for 8081, 2088 UDP, 15000-15511 UDP, and 16394 to 16403 UDP. 6X uses WAN port directly connected to internet with session border router provided by Windstream onsite. Any ideas??? Has anyone else had this sort of issue?

I am stumped.
Thanks in advance for any assistance
unifiedusa

Re: offsite extension Ok except for no audio on outside cal

Post by unifiedusa »

Mark, configure the sip trunks for G711. Which carrier are you using for your sip trunks?
Mark9700

Post by Mark9700 »

Changed configuration to only allow G711 but same problem exists. Carrier for SIP trunks is local telco, Windstream.

So close to working correctly. Any other ideas of things to try?

Thanks for your assistance,
Mark
thedude

Post by thedude »

Make sure servers/voip/ "Force Remote Phone audio through server" is enabled.

Run a sip trace under maintenance / tools
advantagevoice

Post by advantagevoice »

I had a similar issue with remote phones behind a Zyxel USG router. Did you create a custom Handset Preference Group for each phone, with a different SIP and RTP range of ports? For example, Phone 1 uses 5060 and 16384-16393. Phone 2 uses 5061 and 16394 - 16403, etc.
Mark9700

Post by Mark9700 »

I did change to "Force Phone Audio through Server" Rebooted. No change.

I do have a custom Handset preference group for the remote phones.

There is only one phone at each remote location so I did not use different SIP and UDP ranges for them. Is that needed when they are on different external IP addresses?

Thanks for your comments.

I will run sip trace next and see what happens.

Mark
Mark9700

Post by Mark9700 »

I did change to "Force Phone Audio through Server" Rebooted. No change.

I do have a custom Handset preference group for the remote phones.

There is only one phone at each remote location so I did not use different SIP and UDP ranges for them. Is that needed when they are on different external IP addresses?

Thanks for your comments.

I will run sip trace next and see what happens.

Mark
advantagevoice

Post by advantagevoice »

If phones are in different locations, you don't need to worry about overlapping ports. They can both be 5060 or 5061 etc. In the meantime, try using a nonstandard SIP port for the phones like 5061, update your firewall rules and do a SIP trace.
Mark9700

Post by Mark9700 »

I moved one phone to use 5061 instead of 5060. No change. Will try a SIP trace this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark
Mark9700

Post by Mark9700 »

Still having issue with incoming and outgoing SIP truck calls having no audio until the call is put on hold and then released, then audio is fine.

This also affects Reach calls from offsite, both WIFI and cellular. Reach calls when using onsite WIFI work fine.

Using an Windstream simple SIP and they provided the border router that connects to the Allworx box.

Any Ideas?

Mark