If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Call Log Downloading

Anything not categorized above.
nschafer

Call Log Downloading

Post by nschafer »

Hello all,

We've only been on our Allworx system for a few weeks, but one thing I've noticed is that my Call Detail Log only holds about 2 - 3 days worth of data. That's not really enough when I need to track something down. I noticed that I can export my logs and have started doing that, but that means I have to remember to log into the system every day to download the logs. Since I'm a bit on the forgetful side I decided to write a small application that will login into my Allworx system and download the previous day logs automatically. I just use Windows scheduler to have the application run each day. If anyone is interested in this, just reply to this message and I'll make the application available.

Neal

Here's the URL to the application and instructions. I can't seem to make it a link: http://www.applicationgroup.com/develop ... orting.zip

5-20-15 I've made a minor update to the program. It would sometimes open the log instead of saving it. This should not happen any longer.
Last edited by nschafer on Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Allworx6xCT

Re: Call Log Downloading

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Hi Neal- that's pretty handy. I double checked our system and looks like we can go back about 30 days, but please go ahead and post your app.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
nschafer

Post by nschafer »

Chris,

I've added the URL for the application to my original post.

Neal.
leetrans

Post by leetrans »

Allworx has released a pretty nice software named Allworx view. It captures the logs from your pbx and has built in reporting tools!!
star3132

Post by star3132 »

Just adding my two cents, we have the call statistics being sent to a port via the streaming option in Report -> Call Details. We then have a Linux server running netcat to capture the data from that port, using the shell command "nc -d <allworx server ip> <call streaming port> >> /phone_logs/phone_log.txt &". This logs the call history in real-time to the /phone_logs/phone_log.txt file. It's the same connection that Allworx View uses i think. You could probably do in Windows if you found a NetCat variant for Windows.
guama

Post by guama »

I have ncat streaming to MySQL working and use it for historical reporting. I am now trying to get it to work for real time reporting. Anyone know how to determine if the call went to voicemail?
trice001

Post by trice001 »

thanks
k12tek

Post by k12tek »

Do you know of any way to get the time stamp of the calls included in the stream output? Or a way to get netcat to append the timestamp to each call?

Thank you.
k12tek

Post by k12tek »

I think I've discovered that the timestamp is there, but it has to be converted in to something legible from Unix time format. I'll have to remember the conversion next time I have to look something up, but this is way better than settling for the 5000 or so lines of call history the allworx box gives me.
Ajaysis

Post by Ajaysis »

H9