If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

6X warranty replacements

Anything not categorized above.
bigbangtech

6X warranty replacements

Post by bigbangtech »

So, it looks like Allworx is running low on 6x units. How will they handle in-warranty replacements for 6x in say a year or so? The lower end Connect barely begin to match 6X features, max users and available feature keys...
scottap

Re: 6X warranty replacements

Post by scottap »

Good question. From my own experience and having about five 6x servers brick, I have always been able to rescue the server by installing a new CF card. We ended up ordering a stack of them direct from Allworx. Pop in new card, format, install backup file, done.
scottap

Re: 6X warranty replacements

Post by scottap »

Yup. CF card and PSU. We keep both on hands. Usually it's just a matter of replacing the CF, formatting it, and restoring from a backup. The 6x is garbage. We have a lot of them in the field. An Allorx tier 2 tech told me the other day they were released in like 2002! They really need to be replaced wherever they are in the wild.
Talymnmaf

6X warranty replacements

Post by Talymnmaf »

If you read almost any warranty, you will see that they can send you the same item, or a better item. They can also send you any type of working equipment, even used& returned stuff.