If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Outgrowing Allworx--Replacements?

Anything not categorized above.
doom1701

Outgrowing Allworx--Replacements?

Post by doom1701 »

We've been running Allworx phone systems for about 6 years now, but the company has had explosive growth (we had 190 users when we put in our first couple of systems, now we have almost 2000), and the only way we could expand Allworx VoIP to everyone is to have a rack full of systems. Allworx had rumored that there would be a larger (1500+ user) system, but that hasn't come to pass.

At the beginning of the year we started down the path of Earthlink Hosted Voice. It's been a disaster (I'm blaming their acquisition by Windstream) and I've made the decision that we're going to move back to hosting internally. But we need something that can 1. Run on a VM (so we don't have hardware dependencies, since we're now at an off site data center), and 2. Can handle the entire company, with the ability to be redundant across our two data centers.

3CX is a serious contender right now (ironically it was 2nd on our list under Allworx 6 years ago). Has anyone else done research into alternative systems?
sp90378

Re: Outgrowing Allworx--Replacements?

Post by sp90378 »

It would take a bit of work, but you could run some sort of Asterisk free pbx version as a VM easily enough.
Minner

Post by Minner »

Would something like that be reliable btw?
justingoldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

Yes, I integrated the Braxtel ACD with Allworx by using the option "follow dialplan of 3rd party gateway/trunks", or whatever that option is called.

Doing the same with asterisk wouldn't be too hard. HOWEVER, Braxtel is an ACD, not a PBX. If you did this, the AllWorx would still be handing the calls off to the ACD and using it's resources while the call is active.
Arthurfug

Wow, Amazing

Post by Arthurfug »

Wow, Awesome... :) :) :)
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

doom1701 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 am We've been running Allworx phone systems for about 6 years now, but the company has had explosive growth (we had 190 users when we put in our first couple of systems, now we have almost 2000), and the only way we could expand Allworx VoIP to everyone is to have a rack full of systems. Allworx had rumored that there would be a larger (1500+ user) system, but that hasn't come to pass.

At the beginning of the year we started down the path of Earthlink Hosted Voice. It's been a disaster (I'm blaming their acquisition by Windstream) and I've made the decision that we're going to move back to hosting internally. But we need something that can 1. Run on a VM (so we don't have hardware dependencies, since we're now at an off site data center), and 2. Can handle the entire company, with the ability to be redundant across our two data centers.

3CX is a serious contender right now (ironically it was 2nd on our list under Allworx 6 years ago). Has anyone else done research into alternative systems?
A virtual platform is in development which would allow for the scalability you need. I have no further details, though.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: