If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Paging

Anything not categorized above.
rhup

Paging

Post by rhup »

I am using allworx Connect 731 server and I am connected to a Bogen TPU-100B for paging. My Bogen amplifier used to be connected to a plain POTS system. I am told that is not a good setup and that I should use an adapter for analog amplifiers. Can anyone give me some advice on a suitable adapter and whether that is my best option?
wshrader

Re: Paging

Post by wshrader »

I don't think I've ever done this but, this post is actually ON-TOPIC and should be moved to the appropriate board.
Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your question. Analog paging controllers usually support two modes. FXS and FXO. The either act as an analog station and are therefore rung by the PBX (via an extension) to activate paging or they are treated as a C.O. line (as if it were providing dial tone) and thus simply going off-hook will activate paging. Since the Allworx Connect 731 has both type of ports, the paging controller can be configured and used in the way that best suits your needs. As far as using an ATA (analog telephony adaptor) instead of the Allworx itself, I have not heard that it is preferred and would like to hear the argument.
Maybe I should have started with this question but, is your setup working as-is??? If so, leave it.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: