If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

POE not working but computer connection is fine

Anything not categorized above.
raffs

POE not working but computer connection is fine

Post by raffs »

Hello;
I have a PAETEC 9204G connected to a POE switch. Every once in a while, the phone powers off, but the computer connection is still going. I unplug the network cable, plug it back in, and the phone will power on again, the computer connection will be re-stablished. This is the only phone out of about 50 that does that. Any ideas on what could be going on?
Allworx6xCT

Re: POE not working but computer connection is fine

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Sounds like something wonky with the phone circuit board. May want to try another poe port on the switch, but phone prob needs replacement.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
wshrader

Re: POE not working but computer connection is fine

Post by wshrader »

A phone still branded as PAETEC is is at least 11 years old and could be 15 years old. Allworx was acquired by PAETEC in 2007 which was then acquired by Windstream in 2011. I also think simply failed hardware in this case. Get a new phone.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: