If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

How to do get Snom m9 phones ring.

Anything not categorized above.
redwill525

How to do get Snom m9 phones ring.

Post by redwill525 »

I have these Snom M9 phones installed on an Allworx 6x running 7.3.13 and I can make a call but I can not get them ring either with an inbound call or from the handsets portal om the 6x. Help in need to fix this as I have another install of these coming up.
Thanks
jim6935

Re: How to do get Snom m9 phones ring.

Post by jim6935 »

Create a Generic SIP Handset on the Allworx:
1) Select “New SIP Handset” from the Handsets page.
2) Select “Generic SIP Phone” from the drop-down list.
3) Type “SNOM Portable” as Description
4) Assign a Login ID and password (reg=xxxx, password=xxxx), select “1” for Number of Lines
5) Select “Add”
6) Note the 5xxx user ID assigned by the server (e.g. 5100)
7) Note the Allworx server LAN address (e.g. 192.168.2.254)
8) Handsets page will now show the new Generic SIP Phone
9) Select “Modify” on the new phone
10) Edit the registration name and password by inputting the 5xxx user ID from step 6 above, select “Update”

Step 2 – Setup the SNOM via web interface:
1) Find the IP address of the SNOM (e.g 192.168.2.2)
a. From the handset, click the middle button, go to settings and then status, the IP address will be listed
b. Go to your web address and type in this IP address
i. Default Username – admin
ii. Default Password – password
2) From the setup screen click on Network and change the SIP port to 5060
3) Click on time/Date and make sure it is on the same time zone as the Allworx server
4) Click on Identity 1 and set it to
a. ON
b. Account = the Allworx user id (e.g. 51xx)
c. Registrar – Allworx LAN IP
d. Outbound Proxy – leave blank
e. Auth name – leave blank
f. Password = the Allworx user id password (e.g 51xx)
g. Leave mailbox empty
SAVE
5) Then Click on the SIP TAB on the top and choose TAHI (broken Registrar) from the drop down SERVER TYPE. Click Save.
6) One other setting you might need to do is click on the handset tab and make sure you choose the handset ID of the handset you have hooked to this SNOM M9, then click SAVE.
jiujitsuman

Re: How to do get Snom m9 phones ring.

Post by jiujitsuman »

Hi Jim,

This may be a little off-topic on getting the m9 phone to ring, however yours is by far the most comprehensive guide I've found so far on the Allworx and snom phones. I have a 48x running 7.4.15.5 and the Snom M9r running 9.6.2-a and I can't for the life of me get hold music to play from the Allworx box when I put a call on hold with the Snom. Thanks for any help you can provide.