If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!

Anything not categorized above.
zyrk

Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!

Post by zyrk »

Hello everybody,

I am getting this error message on two of our Alworx 9204G IP Phones: Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!

When it happens I have to unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC and plug it back.

I have no idea why the phone does this but I don't want any other phones to do the same.

Does anybody know why is the phone doing this?

Thanks for any help!

zyrk
8Ball

Re: Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!

Post by 8Ball »

Hi Zyrk:

I've had some PC NICs have issues when they're set to auto-negotiate. For a test, try forcing the PC's NIC to 100Mb or 1000Mb depending upon the capabilities of the NIC.

See if that makes any difference.
sadie110

Re: Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!

Post by sadie110 »

It seems that you're encountering an issue with your Alworx 9204G IP Phones, specifically receiving the error message "Ethernet PC Switch Port Link Was Lost!" on two of the phones. You mentioned that you need to unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable from the PC to resolve the problem.

Experiencing such issues can be frustrating, but there could be several potential causes for this behavior. Here are a few suggestions that may help troubleshoot the issue:

Check the Ethernet cable: Ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting the IP phone and the PC is in good condition and securely plugged in at both ends. A faulty or loose cable connection can result in intermittent link loss.

Verify the network infrastructure: It's worth confirming that the network switch or router to which the IP phones are connected is functioning correctly. Faulty switch ports, inadequate power supply, or network congestion can cause intermittent link loss.

Review network settings: Verify that the IP phone's network settings, such as IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS configurations, are correctly configured. Incorrect settings may result in network connectivity issues.

Firmware updates: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Alworx 9204G IP Phones. Sometimes, firmware updates can address known issues and improve overall device performance.

If you have already tried the above steps and the problem persists, it would be beneficial to contact Alworx support or consult their documentation for further assistance. They should be able to provide specific guidance on troubleshooting and resolving the link loss issue.

Remember to provide them with as much detail as possible, such as any recent changes or network configurations, to help them diagnose the problem accurately.

I hope this information proves helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue with your IP phones!

Best regards.