If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

External Caller ID help

General installation and configuration help.
jweiss4779

External Caller ID help

Post by jweiss4779 »

I'm very new to the system and so far I have been pretty impressed. This week we setup an MPLS connection between our HQ office and one of our branch offices, bringing them onto the Allworx system. As part of this conversion we ported the numbers over and had them added to the SIP circut at our HQ office. I created the DID's for the numbers and routing so they routed to the proper extension at the remote office and that works perfectly. The only thing that isn't working yet is the external caller ID. I have set the external caller id on the handset, but when they call out the caller id appears as the main number of the HQ office. This wouldn't be a huge deal except that the branch office is in another state. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help

Jeremy
doom1701

Re: External Caller ID help

Post by doom1701 »

Make sure that your SIP provider actually enabled Caller ID (with name) on the ported numbers. With our provider it's done per number. If they haven't enabled it (and force them to actually double check it--I've had ours assure me that it's on, and then apologize 5 minutes later when they finished actually checking), then the Allworx shows either "Private" or the inbound DID the call was received on.
jweiss4779

Re: External Caller ID help

Post by jweiss4779 »

Thanks I would double check with our provider.