If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Remote Phone Registration Error

General installation and configuration help.
jra

Remote Phone Registration Error

Post by jra »

I work from home and use a remote phone (9112) to connect to the office. We use Allworx 6x. The office rebooted its modem, which caused my phone to go down. I entered the new IP address into my phone, but now I have a registration error. My phone is connected directly into my Actiontec router; I have Verizon Fios. I am not a tech person and we don have any tech support in my office. From what I have read, this may be a port issue. I don't know the first thing about opening ports or if this is even the issue. I do know how to get to the firewall setting for Verizon and that is about it. Can anyone provide step by step instructions for dummies on how to fix this? The company that we got the system from will not longer provide technical support and refuses to live up to the terms of our contract. I am now 2 days with no working office phone.
liftow

Re: Remote Phone Registration Error

Post by liftow »

When you say that the office rebooted its modem, did they just turn it off and back on again? Or did they factory reset it or something more drastic like that?
The first place to check would be with your office firewall, especially if nothing changed at your home. Was it the company that no longer supports you that set that up originally as well?
Step by step instructions will be tough since those would be dependent on the brand/model of the firewall at your office.
Are you the only person that has a remote phone connected to your Allworx 6x?
jra

Post by jra »

The person turned the modem off and then on again. The remote phones went down over the weekend, my colleague was on her office phone (so they were working) when her phone and computer lost internet access. She then heard a popping noise and when she couldn't get the phones up and running, turned the modem off and on. It took her 5 minutes to reboot the phones, which isn't how long it normally takes to reboot them. I know from before when there was an issue with the modem at the office in the past that a new ip address is created, but I entered it into the phone. The Allworx authorized dealer that got me up and running before is the one that won't provide support to us anymore. The tech remotely accessed my computer and did something through the Verizon 192.168.x.x site, which is why I don't know what he did and nothing visible stands out. We use Comcast at our office and if there is a particular piece of information that we need to fix this issue, I am sure we can access it if we know where to look. We have 3 remote phones and none are working. They keep saying registration error.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Do you or someone at your office have access to the Allworx 6x configuration? You would access it at http://<ip of 6x>:8080
Check the Network Configuration - I'm going to assume it is probably in LAN Host mode.
Take a look at the Public IP Address setting - does it match the current Public IP address of your office Internet connection? Or is it the old IP? This may need to be updated.

It may be wise to contact Comcast about getting a static IP for your office Internet connection.
jra

Post by jra »

Okay, so the old IP address was still there. We updated it to the new IP address and rebooted the phones. We hit registration error again, but when we reset the ip address using Explorer instead of Chrome, the settings took and now the phones work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!