If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Config for Speaker Button

General installation and configuration help.
iaainsurance

Config for Speaker Button

Post by iaainsurance »

Several months ago I connected a wireless headset to my Allworx 9224. Worked fine, but to use the headset I had to press the speaker button first.

Eventually, I changed a setting that so that now I can hit the button on my headset and the speaker button on the phone lights up and the headset answers or gets a dial tone without me having to touch the phone. I can also hit the speaker button and use the speaker phone even though I have a headset plugged into the headset port on the phone.

I am setting up a co-worker with the same headset, but I cannot get it to work without having to push the speaker button on the phone first to enable the headset.

Now, I cannot for the life of me remember where I found that setting or even what is was other than it related to the speaker button and/or the headset port.

I've looked in the phone's config->preferences menu, but those settings are not changing anything.
Also tried browsing to the phone's IP and using the GUI there, but again, nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know what menu I might have been in to find this setting and how to get there?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

FWIW the headset is a Jabra 9450. Add a jabra 14201-20 and it rings remotely and works great, if you can find that setting.
iaainsurance

Re: Config for Speaker Button

Post by iaainsurance »

Turns out it is a setting on the 9450 itself. I'll post what it is once I figure it out.
doom1701

Re: Config for Speaker Button

Post by doom1701 »

Not directly related, but you can also program one of the PFKs on the side of the phone as a dedicated headset button, so you no longer need to use Speakerphone to toggle.