If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Re-assign existing handset to another user

General installation and configuration help.
noodlenoggan

Re-assign existing handset to another user

Post by noodlenoggan »

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete noob to voip. I've been tasked to administer an allworx 7.4x box and 9212/9224 phones. I've read the administrator's guide and no where can I find info on how to re-assign an existing phone to another user. There's instructions for Replace and setting up a new sip handset but no re-assign to a different user. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Can anyone help in pointing me to the correct path?

Thanks!
bnewt

Re: Re-assign existing handset to another user

Post by bnewt »

I think that you can change the name that appears on the phone, but you will not be able to change the login name shown. To change that, you would have to delete & create a new user
Bozey

Re: Re-assign existing handset to another user

Post by Bozey »

You go to Phone System>Handsets. Click modify and change the Ownder/CallerIDName/Description to the new user.

Anytime I edit or add phones I always check these areas to make sure its setup properly

Business>Users (Make sure the user is added and has phone assignment)
Phone System>Handsets (Make sure that the phone I am looking at exists in here and is set to the correct user. I always look up by MAC Address)
Phone System>Extensions (Make sure the call routes for that extension point to the correct user)
Phone System>Outside Lines>Routing Plan for DID (We have DID lines and I have to make sure the direct extension has been added and assigned)

There are times when I setup or change a phone that one of these will not get set right. So the number will either ring a different phone, straight to voicemail, or not at all. I can always find the culprit with one of those options.